Friday, June 10, 2011

The Blog Slog

I don't blog. Er, I haven't blogged regularly, I should say. The idea seems easy enough - write your thoughts, jokes, recipes, life, work etc. -- a record of some aspect of your life. I tried to write about food because I'm... well, let's just say I plan trips around food. Alas, it's not that easy. It's a slog, even for the person who got her B.A. in English/Creative Writing. I find my days are filled with work, reading for work (I work at a library) or school (I am in grad school to be a librarian), doing homework, cooking, spending time with my husband and then unwinding in order to do it all over again the next day. I don't want to sit at a computer and write. I want to be reading or eating or snuggling (don't cringe!) or playing a board game and yes, the instant gratification of tweeting and texting. Despite this, I volunteered myself to blog for PLA, the Public Library Association, at ALA11. I figured, hey, I won't be cooking or working, and it might be good exposure. But, I'm nervous -- I'm a grad student, not a full blown librarian -- will my musings on workshops and social events at the conference be up to par (read: insightful and/or interesting)? Any tips?


P.S. See what I said below? You know, about cooking my way across America or some other b.s.? Not happening. Surprised? I didn't think so. Maybe I'll be able to stick to talking about work and other library related subjects. Check back often... um, once in a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment